Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

02/04/2011

Some more of my cross stitches based on Hungarian patterns

I apparently made a mistake. I wanted to post this on the Hungarian folk art page but didn't manage and now don't know how I could put it there. Well, I will just have to put up with my inadequate blogging skills. :(


Some christmas ornaments stitched with folk art patterns but christmasy colours (not the one on the left but the other two).





This was just a play with a typical pattern in black and white. This is a common element in Hungarian patterns but I think it must be a really wide-spread motif since you can find it in so many other countries' folk tradition.



Some small gift bags I made when I went to Scotland. There was some chocolate and paprika in them. :)




A cushion pattern from Cigánd (I think I found this in the Keresztszemes magazin).



some close-ups:






This is a bookmark with a pattern from the area of Kis-Küküllő.




Some bookmarks with birds:





(this photo was taken before finishing the bookmark)

One more from Tard:



And one more with a peacock pattern and the first line of a Hungarian folk song:
Hungarian embroidery

I also started the so called Rákóczi-pattern, but I stitched it on gyöngyvászon (a type of evenweave) with perle and I didn't like it at all, the thread was too thick for the material, so I stopped. Have been planning to restart it ever since...

Photobucket

No comments: