Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

29/06/2015

Pressed flower - free cross stitch pattern


It is the summer holidays, so what can a girl do but… doing the big cleaning. I was sorting out my books and old notebooks and found some pressed flowers. Or rather some petals. I am sure the flowers were important to me when I pressed them, but I can't remember them. Probably got them from someone precious. I am ashamed that I forgot.

I tried to make a pattern out of them. First I just drew one petal, tried to capture the shading and the gradual change of colours. It is not easy if you are not willing to go huge. Then I put the petals together and made them into a flower. I really wish my program could turn pattern elements in different angles, not only 90°. But as it is, it had to become a four-petal flower.

For once I did not believe the colours my screen showed me (I have made that mistake more often than I care to admit), instead I looked at my threads and put them together in a row. I don´t have the full DMC set, so I had one missing. I hope I managed to find the right colour for that using the DMC colour chart.



I think the pattern is just the right size for a card. My fingers are itching… :)

Let me know what you think.

Click on the picture bellow to get the pdf file.



Happy summer, happy stitching.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

A wonderful idea of such a beautiful memory (even if it is hidden) to design a pattern. Your flower has become wonderfully, thanks for the instructions. Perhaps it drops one day again why did they dried and if not you have now given them a new meaning.
Greetings Sandra

Anonymous said...

Agi! I've not been over here to see what you've been up to in a long time. Shame on me! What gorgeous patterns -- love all the biscornu-y bits -- and the window hawk is very inventive, plus a good idea. You could have fun with that as a base for crazy quilting, too, I expect.

Well, I shall look in more often!

Serinde

Ági said...

Welcome, Serinde! Glad you like my stuff :)