Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

21/02/2019

The geometric pattern is done

I showed you my improvised cross stitching piece a few weeks ago. As I promised, I have now drawn the pattern for one of the elements, here it is:




Obviously, feel free to use your own colours. I would actually encourage you to print out the black and white page in the pdf file and colour it with pencils to see how you like it best.

I would also recommend trying the free cross stitching, as I did. Sometimes we don't have the energy to concentrate on following a pattern, sometimes we just need the relaxing effect of stitching. If you look at this pattern, you can figure out how it was made. I started with a small square that makes the middle of the pattern. It helps if you start with an odd number, that way you can make the design all symmetrical. Then I took another colour and added triangles to the four sides. And so on.


On other fronts, I have done a lot lately. I resewed the orange blocks for the Bunnie Hunter quilt and put together the blocks. There is still a lot of work to do on this, 4 borders to piece but for now I put it aside and did other things.




I explained how I had to resew the orange blocks. I had to make new string pieces. The old ones I trimmed down to two inches wide, I might be using them later on in some scrappy project. But I felt so sad to see all the trimmings going in the garbage. They looked so pretty. :D Instead of throwing them, I put them on a piece of fusible, arranged them and ironed them down. Made my own fabric from the off-cuts. This looks like the start of something, doesn't it?





I also sewed a few dresses for little girls. They are in my Etsy shop. Some of these are made from up-cycled fabric, some from new. I was trying to combine the fabric so that I can use the leftover bits.



I also made a skirt for my daughter from a curtain I bought in a charity shop. It is a nice fabric but quite loosely woven, so I am not sure how well it will stand up to being a skirt. We will see. The lace comes from my collection of charity-shop finds, too.



I didn't do much hand sewing these days, only a bit of knitting in the evenings. I will show you my knitting next time. I think I messed up the pattern - but no problem, I created another one by mistake. :D This will be the mistery until next time :D


Happy stitching, sewing, knitting - whatever rocks your boat.

2 comments:

Rita said...

Aztaaaa, mennyi minden! Szorgos vagy!

Clipping Path said...

Your card is gorgeous.such a sweet image, I love the soft colours and beautiful detailing.