This is a Hungarian folk art pattern. Originally it would be red and black as those are the most common colours in old Hungarian cross stitch. I changed the colours and love how it has a really modern appearance.
I have to admit that I started this lovely project about two years ago. And somehow it had become an UFO. I remember last time I put it down because I found it hard to stitch on the 16 count Rustic Aida, it was too stiff.
Now I took it out, and really enjoyed working on it for about two weeks, and then got tired of it again. First I enjoyed the repetitivness of the pattern as it required little concentration but after a while it became boring. So I think it will go back to its bag again. Hopefully not for a long time, as there isn't much left now to finish it.
This the only photo I can find about it from last time I worked on it (January last year). The middle section was already finished but I don't know where that photo is. This is the phase when I started the second row.
This photo was taken on 15 February, after a few days stitching.
And this is where I am now. The line on the top is going to be the final border.