Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

05/05/2012

Free bookmarks week - 5. Mayflowers

One of my dear readers suggested the mayflowers. Only after that did I learn that in Sweden they sell mayflower pins for charity as an old tradition all May.

So I made my mayflower chart a bit simplified, more stylised because I wanted them to resemble the pins.

I imagined this on a nice coloured background, maybe some peachy-pinkish-purplish hand died fabric? But I drew another version with a more subtle background. Pick up what you have in your stash - anything that would let the white flowers stand out.

I also think that this would look really good with a bunch of French knots in the middle, in yellow (the first version). However, I know that lots of us are not particularly keen on French knots, so the other version has simple straight stitches instead. They don't need to be symmetrical, make them a bit "disheveled" :D

I hope you like it.





Tomorrow I will have a blackwork bookmark.

1 comment:

Air Fryer Recipes said...

Great reaading your post