Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

25/05/2012

Crazy quilting again

I have been late finishing my April block for the CQJP, I know, I know, shame on me. I started it too late, had an idea and as I started working on it, I didn't really like how it turned out, so now I am a bit stuck...

On the other hand, I finished the next one. It is a bit of cheating, really, because this was made for another purpose, but I think I will send it in anyway.

In the school where I teach, we have a very small class of year 9 students who are graduating. We are a new school and of course, not many kids would change school for their final year. So we have only 11 students - but they are a very special bunch. We love them all. That's why I was asked if we can make some textile project that they can leave behind, something to remind us of our first year-9 class.
I suggested a quilt and the kids liked the idea. I gave them each a piece of fabric and told them to do something with it - embroider, applique, whatever they want and they turned out great. However, as there is only 11 of them, I promised to make one myself, so we can put it together 3 x 4.

So this is my block for the 9Q class-quilt. I wanted to keep it simple, so as not to overpower their own work. But also wanted it to be beautiful. They like it. :)


And some details. I love the stick-figures. Didn't really plan them, just improvised as I was going.







2 comments:

Lily said...

I don't know much about quilting... But this is funny, and a special piece of work also, because of the idea behind it :}

Ági said...

Thank you, Lisa :)