Welcome


Welcome to my blog. You can read about my adventures in different types of needlework, and I also offer some free
cross stitch patterns. Please, come back often. :)

CAN'T SEE THE PICTURES? READ ABOUT THE PROBLEM HERE.

PLEASE NOTE:


PLEASE, NOTE: The designs on this site are copyrighted to Agnes Palko. They are for your personal use only. They may not be distributed or reproduced without permission.
If you wish to use my patterns to stitch for charity, please, let me know.

24/05/2011

New blackwork biscornu, free pattern, and a WIP

I made this little one yesterday and today:

Photobucket

Photobucket


It's on 16 cound Aida, stitched with white and pink satin thread. The button is actually pink, but the photo doesn't show it very well. On the other side I put a few small beads.

Here is the pattern. Remember, as this is not not a "pointed corner" biscornu, when you sew it together, match the green arrows with the green ones and the read arrows with the red ones. (They are not to be stitched.) Please, enjoy. :)

Photobucket


And now one of my WIPs. I am not a "big project" person, so even when I do something big, I choose it to be made of smaller parts. Right now I am working on an afghan. Instead of the original pink roses pattern I decided to stitch Celtic patterns on it. I have done two motifs so far:

the Celtic hound:

Photobucket

and the Celtic horse (this was finished a few days ago):

Photobucket

The whole afghan looks like this right now - actually, this is not the whole, just the middle of it, it is too big to fit in a picture :)

Photobucket

Next I am planning to do a Celtic knot.

5 comments:

Yasemin said...

Wow! your Celtics are just great! I can't wait to see the finished project...

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work on your celtic design and a beautiful finish :)

Firefly said...

one of my favourites

M scrap et stamps said...

Could you please tell me where did you find the Celtic seahorse pattern please ? I search it. Thank you very much in advance.

Ági said...

Hi, it is a Textile Heritage design.
http://www.celticcrossstitchandcrafts.com/servlet/the-819/TEXTILE-HERITAGE-CELTIC-HORSE/Detail